The Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India offers a Fellowship in the specialty of Coloproctology, designated as FACRSI whereby a specialty Diploma Certificate would be granted by the Association after examining the eligible candidates who have undergone training in the specialty through the instructional course organized by this Association as a part of its National Training Programme.
Examination Eligibility Criteria
- He/She should be a post graduate of General Surgery either MS / DNB in General Surgery.
- He/She should be a member of ASI / ACRSI (Both).
- He/She should have attended ACRSI Instructional Course in the last 3 years.
- He/She should have attended at least one ACRSI Annual Conference (ACRSICON) in the last 3 year.
The Association of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India would hold the Fellowship Examination once every year usually in the month of April after the instructional course. This examination is designed to identify those surgeons who have detailed knowledge of Coloproctological Diseases and wish to practice as a specialist in Coloproctology Surgery. They should have reached a stage, where they should be capable of tackling complicated & complex Colorectal Problems independently. The emphasis of the examination would be on the scientific & clinical knowledge of the surgeon. They must know the scientific basis of investigations & treatment & must be able to undertake or guide research projects & must know the importance of surgical audit.
Download the Syllabus for the examination: Click Here
Download the recommended readings for the examination: Click Here
|Full fee for all 3 parts||Rs. 15000 + 2700 GST|
|Part I only||Rs. 5000 + 900 GST|
|Part II only||Rs. 5000 + 900 GST|
|Part III only||Rs. 5000 + 900 GST|
|Fellowship initiation fee for convocation to be paid by those who pass the exam:||Rs. 3000 + 540 GST|
FACRSI is a Fellowship Diploma conferred by the Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India after training and examination of the eligible surgeons. This diploma presently is not recognized either by the Medical Council of India or the National Board of Examination, Delhi (NBE).
Payment Method – For Examination Fee-Only
Demand draft should be drawn in favor of “The Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India” payable at Mumbai and send it to:
Dr. Kushal Mital,
C/O Dr. Niranjan Agarwal,
Salasar Nursing Home
B/Ground Floor, Salasar Classic,
Fatak Road, Near Nagar Bhavan Hall,
Bhayndar West, Mira-Bhayandar,
You can also make the payment through NEFT/IMPS as per the following details:
(Please email transaction details once you send it, else we would not be able to identify it):
|Account Name:||Association of Colon and Rectal Surgeons of India|
|Bank & Branch:||Indian Overseas Bank , Mira-Bhayandar Branch|
Completed application form (to be filled up online-only, link given below) along with a copy of bank demand draft of the examination fee or neft details should be sent with the following documents to the below-mentioned address:
- Two recent photographs.
- Photocopy of the fellowship instructional course of ACRSI.
- Photocopy of the attendance certificate of national conference of ACRSI.
Dr. Niranjan Agarwal
Convenor, Fellowship Exams.
B/05, Salasar Classic,
Near Nagar Bhavan Hall ,
Bhayander West 401101.
FACRSI examination consists of 3 parts.
Part – I –
MCQ (90 min, 100 marks); Short Answer Questions (120 min, 100 marks)
Part – II –
Long Answer Question (120 min, 100 marks); Viva Voce (90 marks) ; Log book (10 marks)
Part – III –
Long and Short Cases (100 marks)
- The Examination is usually held immediately after the fellowship course in month of April.
- 50% marks are Minimum Pass Marks
- One should qualify Part– I to be eligible for Part–II and to be eligible for Part– III, one should pass Part–II examination.
- One is declared to have passed the fellowship examination if he clears all the three parts.
- Usually Part –I and Part –II are held on day 1. While as Part–III is held on day 2 and is usually completed by the afternoon depending on the number of candidates.
Fellowship is awarded in the next convocation in Annual national conference ACRSICON usually held in the month of September.
Links to Application Form
Fellowship Course date : 15th - 17TH March 2022.
Fellowship exam date: 18TH to 19TH March 2023
(Kindly first read the Examination Criteria above before applying)
(Plase act fast ! Last Date to submit the form is 30th April 2022.)
For assistance call at ACRSI Desk:
Phone No : +91 982 133 5611 | Contact Person : Riya Rakesh Kanal
Office Time : Mon To Fri – 11 am to 9 pm & Sat – 9 am to 7 pm